According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), an estimated 703,000 people a year take their life around the world. The WHO established 10th September as the World Suicide Prevention Day and as such, workers at Takoradi undertook training on suicide awareness and prevention.
Workers were taken through work and non-work related factors that could lead to suicidal thoughts, with discussions focusing on:
- Risks factors that could lead to suicidal ideation
- How to manage work-related risk factors
- How to manage non-work-related risk factors
- Signs that someone is struggling with suicidal thoughts
- How to support someone showing such signs
- Showing of care and support for each other at work